Looking to get a head start on preparing the documents needed for your SMSF Audit? We at Mint Super Audits have compiled a list of documents required for your SMSF Audit! As your SMSF audit should include two key elements which are a financial audit and a compliance audit, find the relevant documents listed below that needs to be prepared:
Table of Contents
For your financial audit, your auditor will need:
• an audit engagement letter signed by your fund’s trustees
• a signed trustee representation letter
• a financial report (including balance sheet, income statement, and member statements)
• a completed annual tax return
• supporting documents for all items in financial reports.
For your compliance audit, your auditor will need:
• permanent files of your SMSF
• copy of signed trust deed
• copy of signed minutes of meetings
• copy of signed investment strategy
• copy of signed consent to act as trustee and member applications
• copy of signed trustee declaration (applicable for SMSFs established after 1 July 2007)
• copy of signed pension documentation (if fund is in pension mode)
• actuarial certificate (if applicable)
• life insurance certificate for members (if applicable)
• ASIC annual return (if the SMSF has a company acting as trustee)
Preparing these documents in advance shall ease the auditing process and it ensures a smooth auditing experience. Need assistance or further guidance regarding your SMSF audit? Our team at Mint Super Audits are ready to be of service! We provide high-quality independent SMSF auditing, and our auditors at Mint Super Audits are Accredited SMSF Association Specialists with many years of experience. Contact our team to find out more about our timely, affordable, and highly professional SMSF auditing services.
If you have any questions about self-managed super funds (SMSFs) or would like to learn more about what your SMSF auditor will need from you, our team at Mint Super is here to help. We understand that managing your SMSF can be complex, and that’s why we’re committed to providing you with the guidance and support you need to make informed decisions about your retirement savings.